Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Art in the Bahamas


Recently my hubbie and I went on a cruise to celebrate his birthday...the destination....Bahamas. I love to look at other's art and captured a few that I found to be quite interesting.  Take a look and let me know your thoughts.

Check out this beautiful painting at a bus stop in Nassau!!!  The colors were amazing and geometry was perfect!

As you might have expected the "art" of hair braiding and wraps were big!  I totally wish I could have taken a picture of a 70 plus year old man that had is 3 inch hair braided....it was a hoot!!

Why go to a restaurant.....this man's art was taking his "just caught" conch and making conch salad right there for you to buy from his boat.


Several street musians could be heard around.
       This man was painting beautiful seascapes on old paneling.  I love the paint on his pants!
We even had some of the artists on our ship displaying their art.  This is a Indian Chief head that a Master Ice Carver from the Philippians carved in 15 minutes from a block.

Housekeeping did not miss out on the "art" either.  I loved this....not sure what it is....but I loved it!!!

No comments: